Friday, March 27, 2009

Puerto Rico

Well...i'm in Puerto Rico right now...
Old San Juan...staying in a really old building. for $16 per night...its perfect...kind of reminds me of the hostel the guy stayed in in the book The Beach.
This is the oldest city in the United States. I really like it for what it is...kind of toursity.. but over all really unique...There are walls here from the 1600's still up. Lots of pastel bright colors... The first few days have been really interesting... so far some unexpected stuff...but it feels good to be in a new city...that i have never experienced...meeting new people and enjoying the hot sun and beautiful ocean...
I made it to Vieques the first day...which i was a bit surprised...set up camp on the beach...and work up to such a beautiful scene. The second night it rained a bit but i stayed dry...The waves were loud though...cant complain about that though..
Went to the Bioluminescent bay...which was really something to see in your lifetime...i cant really explain in over the comp...i'll explain it when we are face to face...
just picture sparks underwater all over you...in the ocean at night. only when you move though.

amazing...

I'm going to Rincon in a few days for more beach camping and surf. And to help my wonderful friends with thier wedding...
I think i am baking vegan cupcakes as their dessert...this will be the second wedding i have baked the ceremonial dessert for!...let me know if you want to book me for your wedding! may need to contact me a few months in advance...
and i charge big time!

ok internet is expensive here..gotta run...
be well.

1 comment:

kev said...

Hey Brett, it sounds like your having a good time. Enjoy the ocean for those of us who are land locked. I got all my bike parts in. I went to the Hub today and put it all together. The people there were really helpful and helped me replace the bottom bracket, I had never done that on a road bike. Anyway, it looks sweet now and I'm pretty sure it's faster than yours, so... Enjoy the rest of your trip, let's go for a ride when you get back!