Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March

March is over. That signifies a few different things for me. First off, this was the 5th winter that i survived cycling through the arctic tundra that Minneapolis is. This is by no means bragging; i feel an overwhelming sense of pride. Pride in my beliefs, pride in what i accomplished, and happy to keep doing it. Life in excess is nothing i want to be a part of, and that doesn't mean i think driving in the winter is morally wrong. I just discovered I don't have to do it.

My winter bike is in ruins at this point. It really did me well, carried me many miles through rain, sleet, snow, potholes, paved and unpaved road. I have replaced every component on the bike during the last 5 years (except the handlebars and stem). It also has colonies of thriving rust all over it. The worst of areas is beneath the seat post, where i had to re-weld the seat stays after a sign fell on it and snapped them off.

Also this has been a record breaking March...No snow...not a flake...i saw some hail one day...


This is not the end of that bike frame my friends!!!
The Eager Beaver will ride on!!
Off in to the sunset.
It needs new bearings in both hubs and a new chain, but after that it will be basically brand new....well... as new as its gonna get.



No comments: