Saturday, April 28, 2012

Update!

Well, It's been about 2 years since my last post...Of course a lot has changed...I finished school. Got out of the restaurant business, got a job with a behavioral health company, have learned a ton through work and more life experiences. Also got REALLY into triathlons... Did my first sprint tri last year, then a half iron, then the next day signed up for Ironman Lake Placid. So the last 6 months of my life has been consumed with training... learning how to to swim has been a lot of fun... once you realize that you probably will not die while swimming (in a pool)... it's not so bad. Hehe. I actually have really fell in love with swimming. It's a lot of fun to shred water. Last year at the end of July, during my 70.3 distance race, i could not swim the 1.2 distance freestyle. I had to turn over on my back and do the back stroke, (which by the way, i also did not know how to do..) But i at least had my head out of the water and could breathe, I couldn't steer (which presented a whole other problem), but i could breathe.... . No joke, i was doing everything wrong...EVERYTHING. Breathing wrong (yea, how can you breathe wrong?), kicking wrong, my stroke was wrong....I might as well have put my wet suit on upside-down, and my goggles on backwards and tried swimming... So the last 6 months i have been swimming a minimum of 2 times per week. I haven't missed a swim class since Oct. I have learned how to swim!!!! I still have plenty of areas to improve, but i'm not flopping around like a dying fish anymore. I recently realized that i NEED to be writing more, especially during intense training like this. This is when insight is gained. A bit more on training. Up until a month ago or so, it wasn't too bad... not too hard, or grueling. Last year, training for half iron distance, was nothing like this...I have never felt my energy be so depleted; my muscles have never been as sore as they have been the last 2 months. But it's a good sore. I'm missing traveling... This winter was the first winter i haven't got out of dodge for a bit. Which was ok, the winter was very mild, It's also a good reminder of how lucky i am to have been able to get out for a bit each year. Some might say I'm kind of a spoiled little shit like that. :) I believe i'm grateful for it though. It's all about making things happen, and anyone can do that. Another thing that has changed my life for the better is something called Heath Realization or the Three Principles. The principles explain why our perceptions appear so real to us, and a lot about our perceptions of our own reality. This is a subject i've been very interested for a long time, and somehow i landed a job that i get to teach this stuff. I really haven't figured out how i ended up with the job i have, i feel like i sort of gravitated to it. When i was going to school i had absolutely no idea this is what i would be doing. I'm not sure if that is luck, karma, good fortune or good unconscious planning, but it worked out, in my favor. Yet another reason why i believe i'm a very lucky person. This may sound like ridiculous, hippy rhetoric, judge it as you like, or don't... maybe just let it be. Consider this: What would it be like ... to let the world be... instead of wishing things were different, instead of straightening the picture frame that is crooked, instead of trying to control what others do or say, or judging what they do or say, just accept them as they are. Let it be. It can be very relieving to let that stuff go. You can't control what people think, no matter what they are going to have their own perceptions, regardless of how hard you try to affect them, They will always have their own separate reality. Anyways... enough of that, otherwise life is good here. I look forward to what future experiences may bring. Like crossing the finish line of at Ironman. I'm pretty sure my perceptions at that point will be very interesting.

No comments: