Thursday, February 25, 2016

2015 Recap

Its 2016!!!
The last year has been very interesting. Many lessons learned, and re-learned. There are no guarantees in life. None. Don't be fooled.

Overall I'm ready for 2016 and so excited. I can't decide if that's an inadvertent way of saying 2015 was a bad year, or just keeping a positive spin. I'm happy the things that happened - Happened. I'm a firm believer in no regrets, and will continue to maintain that. When I look back, I have so many really good memories. New Experiences, New People. PR's.
I learned a lot. I accomplished a lot. I stayed on track. I raced hard. I hunted smart.

Races:
The Minnesotan
Miesville 56
Almanzo 100
Liberty 70.3 (Swim/Bike only)
Dirty Lemming 100
MPLS Triathlon (2nd place AG)
Maple Grove Triathlon
Ragnar MN
Minnetonka 5 Mile Swim
HECK of the NORTH
Monster Dash 13.1
I may have missed some??

Music:
Eaux Claire Fest. Sylvan Esso. Sufjan Stevens. POP

Books:
Water for Elephants. Gone Girl. Found.

Bike Tour. Superior- Valhalla - Bayfield - Washburn - Red Cliff - Superior. Sailing. Bike packing, Madeline Island. Black Bears. Sand. Off the Grid Cabin. Nights in a Hammock.

Emily.

Keep Pushing. Can't stop - Wont stop. It's 2016. The most important moment in your life, is always right now, live in it, eat it up, breathe it in. Always.  Nothing will ever change that. Don't hold back. You have no idea how far you can go. No one knows their potential.

Today starts Ironman Training. This is one of the moments where I can start telling myself. I'm going to train hard, train smart, recover smarter, and execute a very difficult race. and maybe with a lot of luck, i could qualify for the IRONMAN World Championship in Kona. That's a big maybe. more like MAYBE.

Grandmas Marathon filled early.

Maybe DK 200.




No comments: