Tuesday, July 31, 2007

West Glacier Trail

I hiked West Glacier Trail again a few days ago with my friends Nick, Claire, Susan and Nick. I hiked to this side of Mendenhall glacier earlier this year and it is amazing how much it has changed. Very sad more than anything. The glacier looks different from when i saw it. Its melting at a very fast rate and soon will be gone.

We found an ice cave that was so amazing you leave that glacier a changed person. We were able to walk about 100 feet into/underneath the glacier. I got some good photos seen below but my friend Nick (freelance pro photographer) got some breathtaking photos. I need to offer him some $$ for those.

It is so amazing to get so close to it, you can see little pebbles and dirt frozen just a few inches deep in the glacier now. You see those and you know that those little pebbles have not seen the world in hundreds of thousands of years, and they are just about to be exposed. Thats crazy. Thats insane.

Check the photos out

See you MPLS folk in 3 weeks. I cant wrap my head around that either.





No comments: