Saturday, August 11, 2007

Lately ~

I haven't had much time to write lately but i have been really busy getting stuff done before i go home.

I have been working a bunch (like always here)

One of my friends up here guides ice climbing trips and glacier treks up here. I was lucky enough to get on a trip with him. Usually this trip is $500. The $500 includes a helicopter ride to the glacier and a 3 hour trek. I paid $46 for it. He He.

I wish i had more time to elaborate on this but it was amazing. We had huge 2" cramp-ons and ice picks. I got lowered in to a cravase and had to climb my way out with the ice picks and cramp-ons. It was amazing. We found some ice caves that we could walk through. I will elaborate on this more later. Ice climbing was one of the best things i have done this summer.

2 days ago Nick and I climbed Mt Juneau with huge packs and camped up there for a night. Hiking up that mountain with my tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pack, food for 2 days and other stuff on my back was really hard. We got up there and it was really cold, really cold. We spent 2 full days and an evening up there and saw some really cool stuff. We saw a bear, some porcupines and about 25 mountain goat. We woke up to really hot clear blue skies and got sun burnt that day. It has been really nice since.

I have the day off and Patrice and I went for a lovely walk on Douglas. It is perfect out today. Really mind blowing, Juneau never looks like this. I'll post photos later, theres just so much i wish i had more time.

all for now
B



This is a photo of the icefield


No comments: