Saturday, October 4, 2008

Few days out

First off-

I just finished a book that i have been reading for about a year now. Its very very dense and packed with information. Its a text book essentially. Written by Jared Diamond the title is "Collapse". I recommend it to anyone that is ambitious. Jared Diamond is a professor at UCLA and world renowned. The main premise of the book is a major study on different societies in our past that have collapsed and all of the different reasons that led them to collapse. Diamond reviews probably 10 or 12 different societies, each unique in their own situation, also including some situations that the society was near collapse and how the pulled through.
anyways -

Last night we had a wonderful dinner at Joan's house and i had a great time. We swam in lake Minnetonka (Oct. 3rd) it was pretty cold. Not unbearable though.
Thanks everyone that came and shared food and good conversation.

I leave on early on Mon. morning which is less than 35 hours away.

Its starting to hit me. I wont see anyone for 6 weeks. Wow.

And i will be in only spanish speaking countries.

I'm really excited.

No comments: