Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Machu Picchu

Tomorrow i am taking an early train to Aguas Calientes, which is a small town close to Machu Picchu and staying there for a night and then rising early to see the sun rise over Machu Picchu. It will be amazing. I decided against hiking there because of the altitude and time crunch. I am kind of dissapointed but i am going to do a jungle trekk as well now. instead of only one or the other.
I am now at 10,800 feet above sea level, which is the highest i have ever been i believe. I am climitizing now i think but every time i go up some steps i get out of breath. The air is really thin here. Planes have trouble taking off and need more runway. Its really wierd, i have no energy.
I'll post again after Machu Picchu in a few days.
miss ya all

No comments: