Friday, June 1, 2007

Paying Rent's for Suckers...

...and I'm a sucker.
Well for unspeakable reasons i am living in an confined apartment with a room and everything. I lost a small piece of my soul giving up my campsite. Pretty disappointing. I don't think I really gave up though. i might go back in a month. We'll see how things pan out. I now live on Douglas island. Douglas Island is about 16 miles long by 5 miles wide. I live only 3-4 miles from downtown Juneau. I found a place through Juneau Empire the local newspaper. The rent is expensive but what ev. You can see photos of my campsite in the above post. They include the floor i built and my view. I also have one of my dining room/living room (which includes a big wooden spool and 2 buckets) I threw that spool on my shoulder and hauled it so far. Also my roof (huge tarp) and tent are shown

So i am living here for now. I live with a really nice guy named Dana. He is really super nice. He makes french press coffee for us in the morning. I think that he thinks that i am super poor though (who doesn't these days). He offered me a bunch of clothes (which i turned down of course)and even gave me a gift certificate to the local health foods grocery store for $75!!! i can hardly accept that. Seriously.

Well thats all for now,
Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Brettski- you rule bud. looks pretty up there. nice forest. I'd make friends with the trees if I were you. they've probably seen a lot. make friends with the trees and shout at the whales.
take care man
DJ