Friday, January 25, 2008

Rain Rain Rain
Raindrops keep falling on my head

The past few days it has been raining and kinda chilly. It wouldn't bother me but i don't have very many (none) clothes with me to swap out when i get wet. hmmm.
I just got back to Oakland and am leaving to go back to L.A. tomorrow morn.

by the way

When i took the BART to downtown Oakland to pick up my bus to Santa Cruz i checked in and got my tickets and went to find a cup of coffee. That proved much harder than expected. I quickly realized that there was not going to be a nice artsy cafe to sit down and read for the hour that i had to kill. This is Oakland remember. Well i figured i would be able to find something. A cup to go. Well i walked for probably 10 blocks and saw social service agencies, very trashy motels, those empty furniture stores that somehow stay in business that look so bad.

Here is a map of my walk. I had quite a few different turns to avoid riff-raff on the streets but this is an outline.
I just have to say that you should never go to this area. NOT EVEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! over 50% of the houses were missing multiple window and boarded up. People are yelling and screaming on the streets and there are broken windows and clothes lying every where. No joke! Even if you want a coffee really bad.


View Larger Map

The coffee that i finally found was terrible, the cup a lady gave me was one of those wax covered cups for cold soft drinks, and i didn't realize it and poured coffee in it. Well the hot coffee melted the wax and then went doowwwnn meee Trrroooaaat. This gave me a stomach ache. Anyone else ever pull that one? Do i have wax in my stomach? Do we humans have the enzymes and stomach acid to break apart wax? I expect it to be still in liquid form if it is still in my stomach because of how hot our bodies our. Mines extra hot, by the way (he he). I mean i don't get cold , thats all. So maybe i will pass wax? who knows

enough about that

Santa Cruz was really cool and i wish i could have spent more time there. I made some friends that i will probably see again. Also the potluck went well, the salad i made was tasty and a lot of people really liked it. I met some good people here too.

Umm..
I am going out for a beer with Tim a friend that i originally met in MPLS but has just moved out to San Fran. It is good to see familiar faces sometimes too.
He's a great guy, i think we have a lot in common, at least more than expected.
Off to a Guinness or a Beamish. Or maybe both... he he

No comments: