Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Alaskan

Well yesterday i was feeling a little down, its been raining quite a bit, my clothes are wet quite a bit. I hadn't really met people that i consider top quality. I did get some good encouragement from customers at work. Usually its the other way around being a bartender but i figured i could have a day of my own. i wasn't planning on going out but i decided i would. So i go down to the Alaskan and have a few Black Butte Porters. Then the live music sets up. The Alaskan is a little pub thats connected with a hotel and i think its one of the oldest hotels in Juneau. This place get rocking and everyones having a great time. I rate it one of my top 5 favorite bars in the world. This guy named Wisconsin Slim was playing some bluegrass/blues/jazz music that was UNBELIEVABLE. He is from Juneau but hadn't been back or played there in 5 years so everyone was amped. Now, i am not that in to bluegrass but this stuff was awesome. Then the dancing started oooh oooh, I had a blast on that dance floor, and once again the whiskey was flowing. i came in to work late with a heavy head. he he. It's all good though.

In the last day or so i have met like 8 people that i really like. Here's the interesting part: they're all travelers too. I think a big percent of the locals are a bit dull. Considering Juneau is disconnected from the rest of the world it has a different dynamic. That is a generalized judgment based on 2 weeks of being in town but as it stands thats what i feel like. Now i am meeting more people and that is encouraging. I was getting kinda worried for a bit there.

I am thinking about looking for a place to live, but i don't know. I like being in the woods but it would be nice kinda nice to have the luxuries of a washer/dryer. I am surprised to here myself say that, but nothing gets dry in the rain forest. Pardon my ignorance, i should have expected that. Even if i hang up clothes for days it wont dry out. The inside of my tent is dry though.

But last night was a blast.

Haven't had that much fun in a while.

2 comments:

Leah said...

you have a friend now huh? thanks for the letter. it was sweet.

Brett said...

I have a friend? what does that mean?