Sunday, May 13, 2007

Juneau, AK

Well kids i am here. everything went smooth and i am in Juneau. I had another really hard ride in to downtown Juneau, about 9 miles with my pack. I did have a brake this time though. There are definatly some mixed feelings going on in my head in this city. It is beautiful, there are mountains on both sides of me, still snow on them too. They had a record high of snow this winter. I did see a glacier for my first time today. The city is very small and seems to lack a younger crowd. This observation of course was a span 5 hours on mothers day but the city is a little rough around the edges. There is a little strip of shops and stuff downtown filled with crap nobody needs. Old people like it though. I definatly get some looks here as well, shameless stares too. Its kinda chilly at 50 degrees F. I did get to see the restaurant that i am working at. It is on top of a mountain that you have to take a tram to. I met the head chef and he is a chill young guy from chicago. I can tell they will give me the freedom i need. I am starting work tomorrow and am kinda excited i think i may have to work a double, not sure though. I think its gonna be a nice relaxed place, not as much as the LPB but still good. Bicycle shops are few and far between, that search starts tomorrow.
signing off
B-

3 comments:

Jason said...

glad you made it.
based on your limited observation so far, what would you say the ratio of guys/girls is. i have a friend that told me 6 to one.

what did the boss say when he saw the dreds?
and how about your living situation?
just show em some of that baker charm, you'll have people paying you to stay with them.
take care.
jason

Anonymous said...

well, the great one has made it. cheers to that. I'm proud to say I'm a friend of this traveling yahoo. I'll keep my eye on the situation. But Brett, tell me again how you heard of Vancouver?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kid, I'm missin' you!
The note you left in our locker made me mist up a bit. Take care of yourself, and don't let the miners "rough ya' up none". Love you. -Noël