Friday, May 11, 2007

Vancouver Extended

so... Vancouver is awsome
super clean, friendly people, beautiful mountains that can be seen from downtown. There are some sketchy areas and sketchy people but they dont seem to mess with people. When i got off the bus it was in a sketchy nieghborhood and i was worried the whole city was going to be like that. Everything is easy to find, i found my hostel with out a map, relying on my photographic memory, yea!!
When i get back to Seattle i will put some pics up of Van. I went to the aquarium today and saw a balooga whale show. It was really cool. Went to the beach as well, and hung out on commercial drive (strip of good shops and cafes). I have been meeting some good people here too, some local and some traveling. This really seems to be a very peaceful city. I feel like i could live here, If they ever let me in again. I leave for Seattle tomorrow and then have to get up early to catch my flight to Juneau. Hopefully all that goes well again. I have to get up by like 4 am to catch the bus, get to the airport disassemble my bike, pack it safely, repack my bag, Drag them thru the airport, check in and get on. Then after that i made it. I win. for now

1 comment:

Jason said...

Brett.. i just found your blog.
you lucky bastard; i've been wanting to go to VAncouver for YEARS..
hopefully you took lots of pics,

see any woodcarvings? vancouver is supposedly one of the best places for carvings in the world.

glad to hear you are having fun..
oh, and hows the biking with 75 lbs on your back going?

peace.. call me sometime.
jason